To tie in with the theme, we purchased some hessian and made some table runners. I realised during making the runner that:
- Hessian smells and sheds fibres like hell which can leave you looking like you have lived with a very hairy dog for a very long time.
- Long pieces of material can be a headache to measure and this leads you to move a lot of living room furniture around.
- My sewing machine is temperamental and has the occasional urge to munch hessian.
- Sewing long strips of material can be incredibly dull
- Dress pins hurt when you stand on them and they bury deep into your foot
- Sewing machines make me swear a lot
The runners are done, and I hope with all my will that they will be long enough. If they aren’t, then they will be quirky…OK??!!